Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mind Games

Well, I'm told that things like crossword puzzles and word searches are good for keeping your mind sharp. However, I've also found that they're addicting! Remember that post about temperance? It applies to all aspects of life, as I said, and this definitely is an aspect of life...but, oh, it's hard to apply it here!

I don't know about you, but I like "mind games"--that is to say, things like puzzles, logic games, etc. I do think they're helpful and you get better at them with time. Best of all, there's something for everyone. Don't like Sudoku? Try jigsaw puzzles. Can't stand crosswords? Give search-a-word puzzles a chance. And if you really want some mind-blowing mind games, study up on optical illusions, especially those done by Escher (like the one above). I guarantee you'll find something both enjoyable and useful.

While we're at it, though, I want to put in a plug for one of the best memory sharpeners around. We can come back to memory at a later date, but while you're working on sharpening your mind in general, do something to wake up your memory muscles. What's the best way to do that? Bible memorization. More on that later, though.... Happy November and happy mind-exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment