Monday, October 5, 2009

As I was saying...

Well, last week sort of collapsed on me and I didn't get anything written. Nor could I think of anything to write just now, until I remember that I had mentioned Ramen noodles in a previous post. I thought now would be a good time to write about them. :-)

One thing I will say about Ramen noodles is that it's best to get the right brand. Top Ramen is the brand name of the ones we get...and they are good! We got the wrong brand recently and they just didn't taste right. The noodles were too tough and the seasoning was too salty.

Speaking of seasoning, Ramen noodles come with that little packet of seasoning -- we always get the Oriental flavored ones because they're vegetarian -- but you can put your own in instead. We frequently use McKay's beef or chicken seasoning (which is also vegetarian).

If you want something quick, easy, and (usually) hot, Ramen noodles are the best way to go. They're good for you, they taste good even when you're sick, and anyone can fix them -- even me! I have a friend that does movie nights with me every week or two and we almost always have Ramen noodles. I know another friend that was in college and someone gave him a case of Ramen noodles as a Christmas present because he practically lived off of Ramen noodles while he was in school. I hope you've had Ramen noodles too and if not, I highly recommend you try them. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment