Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

So I've been so busy living that I haven't had time for writing! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I guess that would be a good thing to take note of for just a moment. How many of us really stop every day (or even every week or month) to pay attention to what we're thankful for? A few weeks ago a church member suggested we take a few moments and write down what we were thankful for. The list was easier to make for some than others, and I didn't do as well as I would've liked.

With that in mind, and recalling a class I had taken once in college, I started a prayer time in the evenings during which I spent the first few minutes only giving thanks. I haven't been as faithful with it as I should, but it has definitely brought some things to my attention. First, the more you practice an "attitude of gratitude" (see a recent Reader's Digest too), the easier it comes. Second, prayer is powerful and prayer mingled with thanksgiving and intercession is a tremendous blessing. I might also add that if you start such a regimen the devil will certainly start out to mess you up--don't let him!

So...may you be both blessed and thankful as we make our way toward another year! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment